- Collection and Use of Personal Information
While using Railway app, we would collect & store following information:
- Email Addresses We automatically read & collect your email addresses available on your phone.We need email addresses to send you email for train ticket status updates, Invoices & other communications. We do not share this with any third parties.
- Phone Number We collect phone number only when you explicitly give it to us. This is needed to call you for completing our services such as serving food on train,sending m-tickets
- SMS or Message Logs We may store your train ticket SMS on our server to notify you with train ticket status changes or to inform you about other services for your travel.
- Device ID We may store your device id such as IMEI number to help us uniquely identify you.This is needed as many users carry more than one devices to access Railway app
- GPS location & City We may track your current GPS location & city to offer you personalized travel related news & information such as buses , trains, hospitals around your location.
- Device Make,operator name We collect device type for you to optimise certain features for your device type
- Network type We may collect this information as few network types behave differently during train travel in India.
- Operating System Version Code & Version Name We may collect operating system version name & version code to optimize certain features for your OS version
- App Version code and app version name We may collect app version code and app version name to help support you better.
- Push notifications This Application may send push notifications to the User.
- The above information may also be used for internal analysis on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior patterns to help us better understand, protect and serve our users.This information is analysed on an aggregated basis. None of this information is shared with any third parties & may be periodically deleted from our servers when not needed.
You can visit the Site without revealing any personal information. However, once you register yourself to avail our services, you will be sharing your personal information with us. This helps us provide you a safe and customized experience on our site. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Site.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- User-Provided train related Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We do not share any of your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your personal information to affiliates who work with us to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with affiliates whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
We have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our Site,Railway app or defend the rights or property;
When you search for a specific train, station or any such travel information using the app, we may collect certain metadata (i.e when it was searched, how many times it was searched etc.).
We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as if you choose to sign on to the Service through a third-party service on our Site.
Appspundit Infotech (Railway App) may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or summon or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, emailaddress, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
We may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of this Site after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.